Growth: We began 11 years ago with 8 students and no equipment to over 40 students and tremendous tournament and equipment needs in 2011. The BCSD offers an elective-credit class: Integrating Chess & Critical Thinking.
Needs: Your money will support lodging expenses for away tournaments, t-shirts, chess boards/pieces/clocks, training workbooks, and tournament fees. Or, you can specifically help with equipment (see below), travel, sponsor a student in financial need, or sponsor an upcoming tournament (trophies). Sponsor a student, please!
- 10 Chess Rage t-shirts ($15 each)
- Replacement Chess Pieces ($15 each set)
- 10 Executive Chess Bags ($32 each)
- 2006 Papoose Club of Wood River grant (start up)
- 2008, 2013 Education Foundation of Blaine County grant (clocks and digital clocks)
- 2011 Blair Hull Family Foundation (Nationals)
- 2013 St. Luke's Hospital (Tournaments)