Growth: We began 11 years ago with 8 students and no equipment to over 40 students and tremendous tournament and equipment needs in 2011. The WRHS offers an elective-credit class: Chess Integration & Critical Thinking.
Needs: Your money will support lodging expenses for away tournaments, t-shirts, chess boards/pieces/clocks, training workbooks, and tournament fees. Or, you can specifically help with equipment (see below), travel, sponsor a student in financial need, or sponsor an upcoming tournament (trophies).
- 3 executive chess bags and pieces ($32 each)
- 8 Saitek digital chess clocks ($39 each)
- 10 Chess Rage t-shirts ($15 each)
- 10 Chess Rage polo shirts ($35 each)
- 10 spiral score sheets ($5 each)
- 1 SwissSys Pairing Software ($150)
- 2006 Papoose Club of Wood River grant (start up)
- 2008 Education Foundation of Blaine County grant (clocks)
- 2011 Blair Hull Family Foundation (Nationals)