For my students: * tournaments with bus for students, # over-nighter
Where to Play
Thursdays, 3:30 - 5:30 pm, Community Campus, 1250 Fox Acres Rd., Hailey, Idaho (during school year)
For more information on any of the listed tournaments, contact me.
- Wood River Elementary School Chess Championship, April 19, Community Campus
- BCSD Chess Rage Championship, Sat., May 17, SCHS
- US Amateurs North Championship, May 24-26, BSU SUB, Boise, Idaho
- Chess Rage Day Camp, June 16-20, SCHS, Hailey
- ICA President's Cup, Twin Falls, Sat.-Sun., TBA, Twin Falls
- ICA Player's Memorial, Sept. TBA, Boise
- *#Ogden Scholastic, Sept. TBA, Ogden, Utah
- National Chess Day Family and Friends tournament, Sat., Oct. 12, Community Campus
- ICA Eastern Idaho Open, Oct. 19-20, ISU SUB, Pocatello
- ICA Southern Idaho Open, Sat., Nov. 2 , Twin Falls
- National Scholastic K-12 Championship, Dec. 13-15, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- ICA Western Idaho Open, Sat.-Sun., TBA, Boise
- Christmas Blitzkrieg, Thursday, Dec. 11, Community Campus
- Santa's Bughouse, Thurs., Dec. 18 , Community Campus
- Family Chess, Sat., Dec. 27, Community Campus
USCF National Tourneys
USCF Scholastic Rules
Where to Play in Idaho
Boise Chess Club, All About Games, 7079 Overland Road, Boise, 208-343-5653. Meets Mon. 4:00 p.m. - closing (10:00 p.m.).
Idaho Falls Informal Chess Club, meets at Barnes & Noble Bookstore cafe every Tues., 7:00pm.
Mountain Home Public Library, An informal group meets at the Mountain Home Public Library, 790 North 10th East, Mountain Home, Sat., from 9 am - 2 pm and Mondays - Fridays, 11 am - 2 pm.
Flying M Coffee Garage, S. 2nd St., Sun., 10:00 am.
Pocatello Chess Club, Fri., 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm at the Marshall Public Library on Garfield street, Pocatello. Contact Ernie Emerick at 234-0244 for information.
Magic Valley Chess Club, 6:00pm-10:00pm on the second and fourth Tuesday at Barnes and Noble Booksellers in Twin Falls Contact: Barry Eacker 733-6186. Email: email@example.com.